Think beyond your piggy bank or secret stash. A savings account can allow your money to grow as you do. Put your savings skills into practice with iStrive Savings for youth1 and young adults. When you start building your savings skills early with iStrive Savings, your goals can become achievable and you’ll also learn how to better manage your money as your financial needs grow.
At age 24, your financial skills will allow you to confidently transition into other NBT banking products that best fit your lifestyle.
Not near an NBT Bank ATM? No problem. NBT Bank will waive its foreign transaction fee at ATMs not operated by NBT Bank; however, other banks' surcharges will still apply.
- No monthly balance requirements
- Minimum balance to open - $25 (Online)
- Minimum balance to open - $0 (In Branch)
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Earn interest on your account balances paid quarterly or monthly through a portfolio statement on the following tiers:
- Tier 1 $0.01 < $2,499.99
- Tier 2 $2,500 < $9,999.99
- Tier 3 $10,000 or more
- $2 paper statement fee. Avoid fee by enrolling in eStatements
1If under the age of 18, iStrive accounts must be opened as joint accounts with the other owner at least 18 years of age.
Transfers from a Savings or Money Market account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone, or computer transfer or by check, draft, debit card, or similar order to third parties are limited to six per monthly statement cycle. Depositors who continue to exceed these limits may lose the transfer and check writing features of their account.
Features and Benefits
- No fee to transfer funds from your iStrive Savings Account using the Autolink Transfer Service
- NBT Online Banker and Bill Pay2
- NBT Bank Mobile Banking
- NBT Bank ATM Card
2Must be 18 years of age or older to gain access to Bill Pay
- Mailed Statements
Include all of your accounts on one easy-to-read statement with Combined Statements
If you like this product, NBT Bank would also recommend: