Management Development Program
Earn as you learn
NBT Bank’s Management Development Program is a full-time position offering a year-long learning experience similar to an internship; providing an inside look at the business of banking and financial services.
If you’re a recent college graduate or early-career professional with an interest in the industry and a desire to jump start your career, we’re looking for you!APPLY NOW
Get to know us
NBT is home to a diverse array of career paths and opportunities – Explore them and discover how they align with your skills and passions.
Completion of the Management Development Program will prepare participants to assume full-time critical roles in:
- Branch management
- Commercial banking
- Wealth management
- Risk management
Benefits of the Program
- Learn the business of banking and financial services through foundational hands-on experiences
- Personal access to executives including networking events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Significant advancement and learning opportunities
- Flexible career pathing
- Hands-on coaching, mentoring, combination of team-based and individual learning/development
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement Program
- Proven Program ~ Over 10 years of successful graduates!
“The versatile nature of the MDP program has allowed me to not only explore my career interests in banking, but also the unique ability to take on meaningful projects for upper management. The support and leadership that NBT offers to help its young talent learn is unmatched.”
- David Gray
“With joining this program at NBT I will be able to grow my career, build relationships, and be exposed to new challenges while adding value to the company. I am excited to learn as much as I can during this year!”
- Wade Burke
“One of my favorite parts of being an MDP was the people I got to meet along the way. Working in different departments, I was exposed to a variety of people who had different skills, different career paths, and different interests. Interacting with this large network of people, I learned a lot beyond the daily tasks of their job.”
- Rose Warner
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related field required
- 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Prior work and volunteer experience desired
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrable ability to lead and influence others
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- 3+ years’ experience (minimum) with Microsoft Office suite
Looking for student employment? Check back in early 2024 for our Summer Student opportunities.
NBT Bank is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports a diversified environment. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status, recently separated veterans, genetic information, victims of domestic violence and stalking or any other class protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy applies to all terms of employment.