Move My Account to NBT Bank
Thank you for choosing NBT Bank to help you with your financial needs. If you are moving your accounts to NBT from another financial institution, we’ve provided the resources below to help make the transition as easy as possible.
Step 1: Open your new NBT Bank Account
Open your new NBT Bank account online or by visiting your local NBT Bank office.
If you haven’t yet selected the account that’s right for you, you may easily compare account options or let us help you decide.
Step 2: Mobilize and Optimize Your Banking Experience
Begin by enrolling in NBT Online Banking and then take advantage of all of our online and mobile services to help you maximize your banking experience, such as:
- Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit
- External Account Transfers and more
Step 3: Complete the Transition from Another Financial Institution
The resources below are made available to help you complete common tasks associated with switching your accounts to a new financial institution. As always, your local NBT Banker is available to assist you with any questions or additional needs.
- Request to employer to change the account associated with your direct deposit
- Redirect your automatic payment to your new NBT Bank account
- Change the debit card associated with your recurring payments
- Close your accounts at your previous financial institution
Welcome to NBT Bank! We look forward to supporting your financial needs.