Personal Loan Process
What do I need to start my personal loan application process?
At NBT Bank, we understand that your time is important. That's why we created this easy to follow page to help guide you through the process of applying for a personal loan. Continue reading to see how you can enjoy the benefits of a personal loan with NBT Bank.
Step 1: Prior to Applying
The following suggestions can be helpful to identify what product may be best for you before you decide to apply.
Step 2: Apply
The loan application process should take approximately 10 minutes. Having the following items available for reference will assist you with the application process:
- Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID or State ID
- U.S. Social Security Number
- U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status
- Proof of income (i.e. current paycheck stub, W-2, award of income, etc.)
- Download a full application checklist.
Step 3: Get a Decision
Once you complete the application information and submit your application, you will receive a confirmation number via e-mail. Please retain this number as a record of your application and for future reference.
- You may receive a decision on your application request within minutes.
- If a decision is not returned immediately, you will receive an e-mail notification as soon as it is ready.
Step 4: We Will Contact You
An NBT Bank Consumer Loan Specialist will contact you within one business day of your application submission. We will contact you via the preferred method you provided within the loan application process.
- Your Consumer Loan Specialist will work with you to obtain any additional documentation that may be necessary to verify and clear your application for closing.
- You will receive your loan documents electronically via email, and you will be able to submit your signature electronically to close your loan.
- There is no longer any need to visit the bank to close your loan, as long as you follow the steps to submit your signature electronically, we can close your loan quickly and securely through email.