If you've lost your debit card or checkbook, or you suspect you might be the victim of fraud, it's important to take action immediately. The first step is contacting the appropriate parties to report the issue.
Click on the headings below for contact information and procedures on how to handle various situations.
- NBT Bank Debit Card or ATM Card contact NBT Bank at 800.628.2265
- NBT Bank Credit Card issued by ELAN Financial Services, contact 800.558.3424
- Contact NBT Bank at 800.628.2265
If you feel your online banking account or computer has been compromised please contact NBT Bank at 800.628.2265
NBT Bank will never ask for personal information through emails. Personal information includes your Social Security number, account numbers, user IDs or passwords. If you receive an email requesting this type of information, please follow the steps below:
- Do not click on any links or respond to the message.
- Contact NBT Bank at 800.628.2265 or [email protected]
- Delete the email and check your computer for spyware or viruses.
Please contact NBT Bank immediately upon receiving any information of or any attempts of identity theft against you. It is important that we help to protect your accounts and information when personal and financial information is compromised even when an attempt is made that is not related to NBT Bank.
Here are some signs that you might be the victim of Identity Theft:
- You get collection calls about accounts you never opened
- Your credit report contains an account you didn't open
- You are unexpectedly denied for a credit card, loan, or other service
- Your credit report contains inquiries from businesses you don't recognize
- Your credit card bills or other mail suddenly stops coming
- Your credit card/ debit card is missing
- You get bills for accounts you never opened
- You receive a notice in the mail your information might have been compromised
- You receive an email letting you know information has been updated that you didn’t update
- The IRS notifies you that more than one tax return was filed in your name, or that you have income from an employer you don’t work for
- You get notice that your information was compromised by a data breach at a company where you do business or have an account
If you believe you are the victim of identity theft:
- Contact NBT Bank immediately at 800.628.2265, by email at [email protected] or written request by mail:
52 South Broad Street
Norwich, NY 13815
Attention: Information Security
- Put a fraud alert on your credit report by contacting one of the three credit bureaus.
- Order a copy of your credit report and review all information. You can request a free copy once a year from www.annualcreditreport.com
If you have been denied an account due to negative ChexSystems reporting or you did not attempt to open an account and Chexsystems was used you may file a dispute on the ChexSystems website.
Personal Fraud Awareness, Prevention and Reporting Resources
Find out about agencies that provide fraud awareness, prevention tips and resources as well as fraud and identity theft reporting tools.