Student and Parent Loans
Get the money you need wherever you are in your higher education
Whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student, get money for school from Sallie Mae®. Student loans from NBT Bank in partnership with Sallie Mae® could help!
Sallie Mae® higher education loans are designed for the needs of undergraduates and graduate students.
- Competitive interest rates
- Multiple repayment options
- No origination fees; no prepayment penalty1
Sallie Mae Loan Options
- Smart Option Student Loan® for Undergraduate Students
- Plus, the graduate loan suite is designed to meet the needs of students in specific fields of study
Resources for College Students
Stay on track with our helpful tools and guides. A stress-free timeline for applying to college, an easy 1-2-3 approach on paying for college and a scholarship search tool to help find free cash to help pay for college.
We encourage students and families to start with savings, grants, scholarships, and federal student loans to pay for college. Students and families should evaluate all anticipated monthly loan payments, and how much the student expects to earn in the future, before considering a private student loan.
These loans are made by Sallie Mae Bank or a lender party. NBT Bank is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of loan customers.
Smart Option Student Loan and graduate loan products: These loans are for students at participating degree-granting schools. Smart Option Student Loan information is for undergraduates only. Graduate Certificate/Continuing Education coursework is not eligible for MBA, Medical, Dental, and Law School Loans. Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents must reside in the U.S., attend a participating school in the U.S., apply with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident) and provide an unexpired government-issued photo ID to verify their identity. Applications are subject to a requested minimum loan amount of $1,000. Current credit and other eligibility criteria apply.
1. Although we do not charge a penalty or fee if you prepay your loan, any prepayment will be applied as outlined in your promissory note — first to Unpaid Fees and costs, then to Unpaid Interest, and then to Current Principal. SALLIE MAE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
© 2021 Sallie Mae Bank. All rights reserved. Sallie Mae, the Sallie Mae logo, and other Sallie Mae names and logos are service marks or registered service marks of Sallie Mae Bank. All other names and logos used are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries, including Sallie Mae Bank, are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.