Mortgage Loan Programs
A Fixed Rate Mortgage provides you with the security of a monthly payment that doesn't change.
- Fixed rate loans are one of the most popular loan options today.
- The longer the term of your loan, the lower the monthly payments will be.
- The shorter the term of your mortgage will allow you to pay it off quicker and save more on interest costs, though your monthly payments will be higher.
- Ideal if you don’t want to worry about your loans interest rate increasing over the life of the loan.
An adjustable rate mortgage has a monthly payment that may change over the term of the loan.
- With our Adjustable Rate Mortgage, your payment will have a lower initial fixed interest rate.
- After the initial fixed period the interest rate may vary.
- Ideal if you income is likely to increase in the future or if you only plan on being in the home for three to five years
An FHA Fixed Rate Loan can be a great way to start out if you don’t have a large percentage to use as a down payment.
- Run through the Federal Housing Association
- Ideal for individuals who haven’t had the resources to put away significantly for a home, like recent graduates or newlyweds
- Individuals can finance up to 96.5% of the home, meaning monthly payments and closing costs are kept to a minimum
A Home Construction Loan is a great way to help you build your dream home or rehab your existing home.
- Permanent, long term rate-locked loan used to pay off construction costs of a new home
- Builder finances construction project with their own funds and the end loan pays off the costs of the project after completion
- Used to finance the building of a new single-family one unit primary or secondary home
- During draw period, lender makes payments to the builder as stages of the home are completed
- Borrower makes interest-only payments on funds disbursed to builder
- After a nine-month draw period borrower will make interest & principal payments
Home Buyers Dream Program
Special grant program for eligible first-time home buyers!
- Eligibility is limited to first-time home buyers earning at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) and purchasing a home in NBT Bank’s footprint in New York.
- Up to $10,000 of assistance is available!
- Maximum grant amount up to $9,500 for down-payment and closing costs, plus up to an additional $500 towards the defrayment of home ownership counseling costs through a non-profit counseling agency.
- The program is administered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Anticipated May 3, 2021 rollout, continuing until funds are exhausted.
- Home buyer must contribute a minimum of $1,000 towards the transaction.
- Home buyer must complete a certified First Time Homebuyer counseling class before applying for the grant funds.
- Home buyer must have an accepted purchase contract before applying for the grant funds.