Apply for a Business Checking Account Online
Everyday banking for your business just got better
We make applying for an NBT Bank Checking account simple, so you can focus on what matters most – your business.
Below are the details of opening a basic Business Checking account online.
Or, learn more about our business checking accounts with account management services.
First things first.
Here's what you need to apply:
First you’ll need to provide some basic details about your business such as name, address, industry and TIN.
Then you’ll you need to tell us a bit about yourself:
- Are you an owner, controlling officer or majority stockholder with at least 20% ownership of the business?
- We will also need your name, address, SSN, government ID
Then you’ll need to tell us about individuals and their roles for your business.
- Signers which will have signing authority and access to the bank account.
- Beneficial owners are individuals who own 20% or more of the business.
- Control Person is an individual designated to manage and direct a legal entity customer.
Last, you will need to provide documentation associated with your business.
Required documents for your business type.
- Certificate of Incorporation (this document is filed with the State)
Limited Liability Company (LLC) / Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Articles of Organization (this document is filed with the State)
- Operating Agreement (not required for VT)
- Partnership Agreement
- Assumed Name Certificate (aka DBA) – Filed with the county in NY or with the State in CT, MA, ME, NH, PA or VT – ONLY Required if operating under a different name than the one in the Partnership Agreement
Sole Proprietorship (DBA)
- Assumed Name Certificate (aka DBA)
With a $25 minimum opening balance to apply and no monthly maintenance fee, our Business Checking account1 is a great option for many businesses.
- No monthly balance requirements
- Minimum to open - $25 (Online)
- Minimum to open - $0 (In Branch)
- No charge for the first 350 items (debits and credits combined) per statement period – $0.50 per item over 350.
- Digital Banking – No monthly fee for Basic Service Suite. Other service packages available.
- Overdraft Protection with our Star Business Advantage Line of Credit2
- Mobile Banking for Business with Mobile Deposit3
1Business accounts are not to be used for personal, family, or household use.
2Subject to credit approval
3Standard data and message rates