Explore Career Paths While Making an Impact
We’re looking for exemplary college graduates and early-career professionals who are ready for a unique paid professional experience that provides opportunities to make meaningful contributions, while exploring multiple and diverse banking careers within our organization.
We offer paid banking internship programs for outstanding high school, college students and college graduates, including paid programs for high-performing, early-career professionals.
Management Development Program
The goal of NBT Bancorp’s Management Development Program is to provide participants with a broad knowledge of the business of banking and develop future leaders in our company. Development includes technical and soft skill training, cross divisional work experiences, performance coaching, mentoring and special projects, and regular access and exposure to senior and executive level management. The program is designed to fast track high-potential talent while providing the opportunity for professional growth and career development.
This selective program provides its extraordinary candidates with:
- A jump start to a meaningful career with an established and growing company
- A competitive compensation package
- Multiple, flexible career paths with visibility to senior management
- Opportunities for advancement and continued learning
- Life balance between professional and personal lifestyle preferences
- A team learning environment with opportunity to establish lasting professional relationships
Candidates selected for our Management Development Program will work closely with company leaders, fine tune skills and gain valuable hands-on experience in all crucial areas of the dynamic business of banking. This 12-month program prepares leaders to assume roles in branch management, commercial banking, finance, accounting and operations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related degree required
- 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Prior work and volunteer experience desired
- Program is designed for early-career professionals
Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing, listening and communication skills are necessary
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, customer relations and relationship-building skills required
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Problem-solving/decision-making skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Office products. Ability to learn technical aspects of position
Student Loan Repayment Benefit
We understand that student loans can be burdensome and want to help you get a jump start on repaying them so you can start reaching your financial goals sooner. Our Student Loan Repayment Benefit helps our full-time employees pay down their student loans by making a monthly contribution directly to your qualifying student loan account over the life of the program. This is just one of the many benefits of working at NBT Bank.
Learn about all of the advantages of becoming an employee at NBT Bank!
Professional Development Program
We provide participants in this program with opportunities to continue their professional development through additional training and skills development programs. Our training programs provide an opportunity to enhance your career and build your future at NBT Bank.
Student Associate Program
Started in 2005, our Student Associate Program provides valuable experience in the workplace and knowledge about employment opportunities within the company. Participants in the program are selected from applicants across our seven-state footprint and range from those entering college to students beginning to work on post-graduate degrees.
NBT Bank is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports a diversified environment. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status, recently separated veterans, genetic information, victims of domestic violence and stalking or any other class protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy applies to all terms of employment.
It appears that the version of Internet Explorer you are using to view this site is no longer supported by our website. At NBT Bank we value your security and strive to deliver the highest quality online experience. To ensure the best and most secure performance we recommend upgrading to the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
If you have any questions or need any assistance please contact Customer Service at 1-800-NBT-BANK.