Upcoming Service Enhancements to NBT Online Banker for Business
On Tuesday, April 18 an update will be integrated into NBT Online Banker for Business. The information below highlights several security enhancements, new features and alert capabilities you can look forward to as NBT Bank works to help better support your daily business needs.
- Users with a password containing their full username, the characters “<” or “>” will be prompted to change their password upon their next login.
- Auto-complete will be disabled for the Login ID field preventing browsers from remembering your login credentials.
- Users will no longer be able to import ACH payees from a NACHA file with a ‘.dat’ extension. For your security moving forward, supported file types will include .ach, .txt, .nacha, .eft, .fil, and .ptn
- Pending transactions will no longer be highlighted with a red asterisk on the Account Balances page. However, details of your pending transactions will still be available for reference under the account details page.
- Add ACH/Wire Payee Alert. The Add ACH/Wire Payee Alert will be enhanced to send an alert to all supervisors and only users that have the “Manage Payee” permission any time a new ACH or Wire payee is added to your business.
- NEW! If a potential duplicate transaction is identified, a warning message will appear for you to confirm that you wish to proceed with the transaction.
- NEW! Any time an existing ACH/ Wire Payee has been modified an alert will be sent to all supervisors of your business and only those users with the “Manage Payee” permission.
- NEW! Draft and Authorization Alerts. The message for the existing Drafted Transaction Requiring Authorization alert has been modified to specify the time of the transaction will be cancelled if the customer does not authorize the transaction. Additionally, a new alert is now available for business customers that will trigger an email (or SMS alert) to the business that drafted a transaction 45 minutes prior to end of day processing if their drafted transaction has not yet been authorized.
- NEW! Stop Payments Enhancement. If you have the “Stop Check” permission, you can now issue a stop payment against any account that has the stop check feature enabled.
- NEW! Drafted and Dual Authorization Enhancement. Non-supervisors will now have the ability to see pending transactions that they have the ability to authorize.